Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hard-boiled...

Lakshmi and her daughter visited the farm today and experienced all the wonderful things of an urban farm...petting baby goats, feeding them from the palm of your hand, holding a chicken and having it flap out of your arms etc...

During this whole excursion, I noticed an egg in the chicken run...I thought man I missed an egg...I went to collect the egg and noticed it was extremely hot!  It also had a crack in it most likely from one of the ladies pecking at it...when I picked it up it felt a bit funny.  I put it in a bucket over the fence...unfortunately Clarice took it upon herself to check out the bucket and ended up breaking the egg inside.  To my surprise it was practically hard-boiled!!  Lesson here...inspect for eggs multiple times during the day in all places...

As the afternoon increased in heat so did everyone's tolerance for it waned...we went inside for a glass of water and a taste of fresh goat milk...as with many others skepticism crept in, the fear that the milk will taste well like a mild feta cheese...the milk held true and the tasters were pleased and even asked for a bit more...to end the hot afternoon was a taste of homemade vanilla cherry chocolate chip frozen yogurt...

Now we have goat milk converts!

No comments:

Post a Comment